The ASBC, an authorized Apple representative in Armenia, explains.
A business will grow if the team has competent and motivated employees. For that, they need tools that are powerful and reliable. And that’s where Apple technology has no competition.
The high-performance chips in the MacBook Pro provide the performance for the most demanding tasks. It’s easy to upgrade to Apple devices, and it’s easy to deploy them on a large scale. The user experience they leave behind improves employee loyalty and motivation. And a MacBook is far more profitable in the long run than a PC.
We explain how this works using the MacBook Pro to illustrate why it’s the best-selling product in the IT world.
MacBooks are better value in the long term
MacBooks do have a higher initial cost than Windows-based notebooks. But this difference is offset by several factors.
1. Power that’s buffered for years to come. MacBooks powered by the M1 Pro or M1 Max chip are portable machines with breakthrough performance. They let you perform tasks previously unimaginable on a notebook. For example, 3D artists can work with complex geometry, textures in scenes many professional notebooks can’t even begin to handle.
Because of their prohibitive performance, Macs will be leaving the competition behind even in 3 to 5 years.
2. Built-in productivity apps. Right out of the box, your MacBook is ready to get basic work done. And it comes with an operating system, a Web browser, and iWork for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. And it includes FileVault 2 disk encryption to protect your company data without purchasing additional software.
3. Free macOS updates and basic software optimization. And their annual update is built into the price of your computer. So even years after you buy your Mac, it can keep up with new features and functions in the ecosystem.
4. MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions let you manage employee devices remotely. And that saves on company resources.
5. A MacBook has a lower total cost of ownership in the corporate environment. After three to five years, a Mac retains at least 20 percent to 35 percent of its original value. A PC doesn’t get nearly 10 percent of that value. That’s why only Macs can be profitably exchanged for new devices through ASBC’s Trade-in and BuyBack programmes.
6. Trade-in as a way to reduce your total cost of ownership. It is simple: the company’s specialists will come to your office, assess the condition of your old devices, and then take them away. The cost of used equipment will be deducted from the price of the new MacBook.
7. BuyBack as a way to reduce operating costs. This method is suitable for existing ASBC customers. When purchasing a new MacBook, the parties enter into an agreement. It fixes that after the depreciation period has expired, ASBC will buy back those MacBooks. The terms and cost are spelled out in the agreement.
With Trade-in or BuyBack you solve two problems at the same time: you get a new machine at a favorable price and you avoid having to dispose of your second-hand devices.
The simple process of switching from Windows to macOS
At first glance, switching from Windows to macOS might seem daunting. But if you trust the professionals, the reality is much easier. ASBC takes care of the entire process. We’ll bring in your new MacBooks, plug them in, set them up, and train your staff if necessary.
Apple strives to make every device as simple as possible. That’s why a Mac is easy for users at any level, even those with years of PC experience. And macOS is “friendly” and intuitive.
There is a “Migration Assistant” utility for transferring accounts, calendars and other data from older devices.
If employees are used to working on PCs, not much will change technically for them. There are free applications to work with from the start on a Mac. Microsoft Office and any other programs can be easily installed on the computer if desired. And if you need to run Windows software, you can download the operating system directly to your Mac from M1 by creating a virtual machine.
Are your support engineers used to maintaining PCs? Support is much easier with the MacBook fleet. According to Forrester research, only 5% of MacBook users had a support request, compared with up to 40% of Windows PCs.
Switching from Windows to macOS really isn’t difficult either for the team or the company.
User experience that can improve team productivity
Employees are the most important resource a company can have for growth and profitability. With a MacBook, your people will be as productive as possible because Apple puts the user experience at the heart of it.
The innovation, intuitiveness, reliability, and aesthetics of the Mac all impact the user experience. Use this as a tool to increase employee loyalty. A study by Vanson Bourne in cooperation with JAMF and Apple showed that 3 out of 4 employees would prefer a MacBook for their work. What’s more, JAMF’s experience proves that a Mac increases employee retention rates by 20% and productivity levels by 5%, yielding an additional 104 working hours.
This is especially true in the IT industry, where employee turnover is one of the highest in the market. After all, it is far more profitable for an employer to retain a valuable specialist than to hire a new one and invest in their training and onboarding.
The 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro generation was the biggest upgrade to the professional lineup in five years. The design, the display, the speakers and the range of ports have all changed. But most importantly, the hardware: the M1 Pro and M1 Max are now available. They guarantee phenomenal performance for years to come.
- The M1 Pro and M1 Max chipsets are some of the most powerful on the market. The CPU includes up to 10 cores, the graphics processor has up to 32 cores and up to 64GB of unified memory is supported;
- Bright and large displays measure 14.2 and 16.2 inches diagonally;
- 512GB and 1TB SSD storage;
- SDXC card slot, HDMI port, 3.5mm headphone output, MagSafe 3 power connector, three Thunderbolt 4 (USB C) ports;
- The ability to connect up to 3 additional monitors
That’s why MacBook Pro 14- and 16-inch models are perfect for the most demanding tasks of today, and for years to come. They’ll be around for a long time, so it makes sense to buy them now if you’re planning to expand.
Better seen once than heard a hundred times
Apple technology is the corporate standard in many of the world’s most innovative companies: IBM, Salesforce, SAP and Target, to name just a few. Get to know Apple too.
Why choose ASBC?
ASBC is the official reseller of Apple equipment in the CIS, the owner of the iSpace shop chain and authorized Apple service centers. As well as trade-in and BuyBack provider. The company has been on the market since 1996. During this time it has established itself as an expert in ready-made business solutions and a reliable partner of top companies and market leaders.
Working with ASBC you get:
- an extensive service offering e. Trade-in, BuyBack, swap out, extended warranty, CTO, ABM, JAMF, training;
- custom MacBooks delivery from Apple assembled in-house specifically for your needs;
- Official collaboration e. all devices are book-entered into the books and subject to depreciation;
- Simplified deployment: ASBC operates in 8 countries and will help you to enter a new market if necessary;
Free test period
ASBC offers a free Mac demonstration service in your office. For the duration of the trial period, the company will provide you with a demo device under the supervision of a trainer, as well as connect you to the international IT community. This is the easiest way to make your own deductions without any investment.
Subscribe to the newsletter and be the first to know about new promotions and special offers